The Medicinal and Wonderful Tree
Botanical name: Albizia Julibrissin
Albizia Julibrissin: The Medicinal and Wonderful Tree
Unless you like gardening and trees, then you probably have never heard of Albizia julibrissin. That’s right, that name is something to remember, as it can help you shape your health for the better. Let’s dig into the wide range of benefits this tree can have for you. Wonderful tree.
Albizia Julibrissin? Never Heard of It!
Also known as Persian silk tree, pink silk tree, or Mimosa. This tree is a part of the Fabaceae family native to southwestern and eastern Asia. Because its leaves slowly close during nighttime and during periods of rain, it is also called “night sleeper.”
The Albizia julibrissin is a small tree that grows up to 16-52 ft tall, with a broad crown of arching branches. The flowers are slender, curved, and about 0.7 cm to 1 m long, and yellowish, brown, or light brown with short stems.
Originally this plant was only found in Iran, China and Korea. However, this plant is now found in Australia, Africa, Madagascar, and America.
What’s In Albizia Julibrissin?
The Albizia species are full of nutrients that are beneficial for our bodies. This plant is high in quercetin, saponins, polyphenols, and triterpenoids. All of these are essential medicinal nutrients in Ayurvedic medicine in India, but this tree has recently been praised in other parts of the world.
There are beneficial compounds in the bark, fruit, leaves, and flowers of Albizia julibrissin, which means the plant can be ingested or made into different decoctions. Wonderful tree.
Cognitive Health and Albizia Julibrissin
This magnificent tree is not only beautiful, but also great for our cognitive health. Thanks to its components, Albizia julibrissin can help protect and care for our brains. Here are some of the benefits:
- Depression: the quercetin, isoquercetin, saponins, and polyphenols found in Albizia julibrissin improves mood by rebalancing hormones in our bodies, while also soothing the nervous system.
This plant is fast in alleviating feelings of stress by preventing the release of those hormones that often cause it. By diminishing the presence these hormones, the feelings of anger and suicidal tendencies disappear.
- Anxiety: in the same way that Albizia julibrissin helps diminish depression, it also impacts the nervous system as a mild sedative that stops thoughts and feelings leading to anxiety.
- Sleep: taking a decoction of Albizia right before bed might be the best solution for lack of sleep or insomnia. By soothing the mind and body, this medicinal plant induces long-lasting sleep.
- Neuroprotection: Albizia is a great aid in protecting our brains from free radicals that can lead to diseases such as Alzheimer’s, dementia, and Parkinson’s. The amount of antioxidants found in this plant makes it a powerful neuroprotectant.
- Memory: since Albizia affects the way our nervous system regulates thoughts, it can also help in increasing focus and attention, which leads to better memory and learning.
- Mood: since this plant can regulate mood, it can lead to happiness and better lifestyle. Inducing a healthy sleep cycle, regulating stress hormones, preventing brain degenerative diseases, and helping memory are all things that can lead to better mood.
Albizia Julibrissin and Your Physical Health
Aside from helping your brain, this plant can help your body function better and improve your overall health. Take a look at the health benefits that Albizia can bring you:
- Allergies: if you suffer from allergies, asthma, or chronic respiratory diseases, taking Albizia can help through elimination of the inflammation in the sinuses and tracts. In the middle of an asthma attack or when coughing, taking this plant can provide quick relieve.
- Digestion: since it is similar to dietary fiber, Albizia powder binds to water and food, speeding up the digestive process and maintaining regular bowel movements.
- Cholesterol: the mixture of compounds in Albizia can lower cholesterol levels and protect your heart, preventing the risk of heart attack and strokes.
- Pain: the anti-inflammatory effects of Albizia can lower pain in relation to diseases like gout, arthritis, and other inflammatory diseases. Using this plant as a lotion can diminish swelling and pain.
- Cancer: the antioxidant action of Albizia can prevent free radicals from attacking cells that may become cancerous. This plant can also prevent cancer from multiplying as fast.
- Skin: the leaves and bark of Albizia also help reduce skin problems, such as rashes, blemishes, wounds, acne and even psoriasis. The anti-inflammation benefits of this plant can also help reduce skin pain from sunburn and other conditions and promote wound healing as well.
- Blood Circulation: the compounds of this plant promote better blood circulation, which reduces risk of high blood pressure, stroke or heart attack.
Taking Albizia Julibrissin
Introducing Albizia julibrissin to your life is not very hard. There are many ways in which you can start taking this plant and make it part of your diet.
- Tea: though it has a strong taste, you can add honey or sugar to make it better. Use 9 to 15 grams a day in your tea.
- Tincture: start with 3 droppers a day, then increase to 5 droppers three times a day as you see results. You can take it with water.
- Capsule: the amount of Albizia changes in each manufacturer, but it is usually recommended that you take 1 to 3 capsules a day.
If you are taking any antidepressants, never stop taking them. Ask your doctor before changing any doses and check for side effects. Also, make sure you start with a low dose and always ask your doctor before adjusting to a larger dose.
Albizia Julibrissin Is My New Favorite
Ready to begin taking this wonderful plant extract? Your health will certainly thank you and so will your brain, as this plant can change the way you live your life.
Remember to always begin slowly, as this is a powerful herbal medicine and can interfere with your other medicines and they way you perform.
Don’t let Albizia julibrissin be a stranger anymore and take it today. What do you think? Let us know in the comments below and what you think once you’ve tried it!